KNOW BENEFITS OF HAND WASHING If you want to be hale and healthy, you need to practice some good habits to stay hygienic and avoid infections from the disease spreading germs. One of the important habit that one need to develop is washing hands.
Everyone is quite aware that hand washing is a genuinely good habit that we have kept listening around since our child hood right? Grandparents, parents, teachers, doctors and elders always advice to wash our hands properly before eating, so that no germs enter our body.
IMPORTANCE OF HAND WASHING
Hand washing is important as it cleans of our hands from dust particles, germs, bacteria and other harmful waste that can be a reason for falling sick. Most of the diseases are injected by the germs that get spread through our unclean hands.
It is essential to follow certain precautions to avoid diseases that just spread out of touching some unhygienic things or coming in contact with infected people. Being cautious by simple ways, can help you to stay away from sickness and improves your immune system also.
You should wash your hand under running clean water using soap, so that all the germs gets killed and washed out. If you cannot get clean water, carry a sanitizer and use it whenever you feel your hands are dirty and unhygienic.
Let’s know clearly when to wash hands!
WHEN SHOULD YOU WASH YOUR HANDS?
- Eating: Always clean your hands with soap in proper manner before you intake your food. Don’t have your food with unclean hands, it spoils your health.
- Preparing Food: Before you start cooking, clean your hands nicely with soap under running clean water. Remember, if your food is disinfected, your total family will be in good health.
- Toilet: After using toilet, DO NOT forget to wash your hands with Dettol hand wash to avoid infections.
- Flu: If you suffering from cold, cough, sneezing or you come in contact with people around you suffering from flu, don’t forget to wash your hands cleanly and cover your nose with tissue or hanky
- Gardening: Once you are done with your gardening, wash your hands properly as the mud has germs and insects that can enter your nails area which is very dangerous.
- Patient Care: Before and after treating a sick patient, it is essential to wash hands. Before can help the healthiness of patient and after for the personal and others health. By doing so, you will help in reducing the spread of illness.
- Child Care: Taking care of baby involves a lot of things, one is nappies changing. Don’t forget to wash your hands with Dettol hand wash after you change your baby nappy.
- Garbage or Waste: Whenever you touch garbage or animal waste, wash your hands thoroughly.
- After Combing or Oiling Your Hair: Try to wash your hands cleanly whenever you comb or oil your hair, as lies or dandruff can reside into your nails.
- After Cleaning House: Whenever you clean or do dusting of your home, do not forget to wash your hands cleanly as the dust particles can enter your body or nostrils without your knowledge.
HOW SHOULD YOU WASH YOUR HANDS?
Washing your hands is also an art, an art to practice and reach perfection, here we show some tips on how should one wash their hands.
Here we go with Hand Washing Procedures:
Step by Step Guide on How to Wash Your Hands with Soap or Hand Wash:
- Wet Hands: Wet your hands under running water, so that any hard particles held in the fingers, palm and hands in the form of dust or germs can be easily removed.
- Apply Soap or Hand Wash: Use a clean soap to wash your hands. Apply soap to your hands using some running water under tap to get lather. Spread that lather to the hands properly to remove the dirt between fingers.
- Scrub your hands: After you apply soap, wetting your hands with water, spread the lather to the entire palms, fingers and scrub it nicely. By doing so, you can easily remove all the dirt from your hands under running water.
- Wash your hands at least 20 seconds: After a good scrubbing of your hands, wash your hands under running water for at least 20 seconds so that all the dust marks, germs can be completely washed off.
- Rinse your hands till the lather of the soap gets away: Wash your hands till your hands are free of lather till you feel the slippery feel of soap is totally gone.
- Dry your hands carefully: When you are done with the washing hands cleanly, you can take a clean towel and dab your hands on it to clear off all water and wetness in the hands.
Surgical Hand Washing
Surgical hand washing is usually performed by surgeons, doctors before and after any medical procedures follow-up. It is referred as surgical hand scrub or alcohol-based hand rub. Preferably warm water is used to wash hands that is pre-scrub wash. Hands and arms are wet with water using sufficient amount of surgical detergent. After taking the drops of surgical detergent, use a brush to form into heavy lather. Rub the hands and elbow thoroughly with lather.
Then wash hands with water above elbow area. When the water is dripped from elbow and arms, apply antimicrobial soap.in between the fingers to tips and clean nicely under running water. Grab a clean towel and dry your hands firmly. Now when you are done with rinsing and drying the hands, take a sufficient amount of alcohol-based rub into the palm of one hand, and spread it over to the hands so that hands are free from any harmful germs and bacteria.
One more quick way in washing hands is using a hand sanitizer or hand antiseptic. It is a non-water-based hand hygiene agent. In absence of water and soap, one can use alcohol-based hand rubs, antiseptic hand rubs, or hand sanitizers to clean the hands.